CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

READ ALL ABOUT IT!



I have always been pro igbo..ok maybe not always..i think i got it from my dad, and a friend of mine, who always showed me the importance of accepting where i am from. So my dada has always told me to try and read books, and early last year he told me about chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, she is the author of a lot of books, two of which i have read. Purple hibiscus and Half of a yellow sun, have to do with igbo people during the biafran war, and trust me these books are interesting. I learnt a lot from them,not only about the war, but a lot about my history, and where i come from. Just get these books and read them, and trust me you will not be able to put the books down. I actually cried when reading them. (lame huh?)..but seriously though they where extremely touching. She is a great writier, and i hope she writes more books like this.

btw i have always thought Biafra was a cool name. I could have been from Biafra...lol...how cool is that....and not Nigeria...I would have been Biafran....hmmmm....Anywayz read read read..oh and did i forget to mention that there is a lot of sexual stuff too..lol..cannot believe my dad read that...lol...

Biafran kisses

mwah!!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Wonderfully & Beautifully...MADE said...

is anybody having a problem with putting on comments on my page?

Tinu said...

lol!!first time here!!nice blog btw!
her books are really good but the way she ends them, just dnt do it for me!ive read both i hope im not the only one that feels this way!

Wonderfully & Beautifully...MADE said...

@tinu...nice to know you read the books..esp being that you are yoruba..from your name..hope i am right..nyways...i think purple hibiscus is the only one i would say didnt have a good ending to it..or rather i would rather something else happened..but there cannot always be good endings...but i think i know what you mean..i am not sure about half of a yellow sun though
ps:tanx..hope to make the blog better...so keep reading..lol

Original Mgbeke said...

Yesss I had a problem with commenting on your page but I see it's fixed now.
Those Chimamanda Adichie books are sooo good. I couldn't put purple hibiscus down.

Wonderfully & Beautifully...MADE said...

beks...purple hibiscus was really good..im quite happy a lot of people have read her books...and yeah it took me like 10hours..literally to fix the comment thing...Thanks to kemberly for letting me know...xxx

Uchenna said...

great u finally fixed ur comment thingy. I love CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE and I want her to be my BFF, lol. SHE is an amazing writer!! finished Half of a yellow sun and cried, and now am on PURPLE hibiscus. Her words are just sooo beautiful she really is a gifted story teller.

Wonderfully & Beautifully...MADE said...

@ uche..lol....she is actually getting married pretty soon to a family friend..ill let her know she has a fan...but yeah she is really good tho....and i also cried reading half of a yellow sun..lol..i really did...i kind of hoped purple hibiscus ended differently..but tell me what yu think when you are done..dont want to spoil it for you...xxx